Weighted blankets have been on the market for years, but not everybody is convinced about the benefits. Is it a nice to have or a real must have to improve sleep. Here are 5 reasons how weighted blankets can help you.
- Improved sleep: Weighted blankets are designed to increase feelings of safety and security, which can help relax the mind and body, making it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Reduced anxiety: The deep pressure provided by a weighted blanket can help lower levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) and increase the production of serotonin and melatonin, which can help reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Better mood: The calming effects of a weighted blanket can also help improve mood, making you feel more relaxed and content.
- Pain relief: The pressure provided by a weighted blanket can also be helpful for people with conditions such as fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or restless leg syndrome.
- Improving Sensory processing disorder: weighted blanket might be helpful for people with sensory processing disorder (SPD) as deep pressure can help stimulate the production of oxytocin, a hormone that is known to have a calming effect.